Saturday, October 27, 2007

iPhone iPod Trick

Last week I was listening to music on my iPhone when I wanted to quickly pause the music to hear the announcement at the airport gate. Sure, the quickest way I found at that time to stop was to remove the earphone from my ears! I said to myself, there's got to be a easier way to pause the music than pressing the home button (my iPhone is locked most of the time), sliding the bar, pressing iPod key and pressing stop.

Last night I discovered a feature accidentally! When the iPhone is locked, press the home button twice. While it remains locked, the iPod play music slide bar pops up. You can start/stop music, switch to next/previous song, adjust volume using slider (though I prefer using the switch on the side to adjust volume). Now I can easily and quickly pause the music and resume after the interruptions!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I missing something here? Isn't the quickest way to pause music on the iPhone just to squeeze the microphone on the right headphone a single time? I mean, why mess with the body of the phone when you don't have to?

Chris Johnston said...

This little trick works on the iPod Touch as well.

Venkat Subramaniam said...

Did not know that! That switch on the headphone does the trick!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this! Some pol prefer not to use apples crappy earphones.....

jenifferleio12 said...

Pleasant stuff! I like to peruse the data that you have imparted to us. I need to get more updates to expand my insight.
hp printer support | canon printer supportlexmark printer support |

Canon Printer Toll Free Number said...

You can avail expert support at Canon Printer Support 24/7. The experts are aptly experienced and skilled to fix any issue you are facing. Be it paper jamming or driver installation the experts are competent to solve the problem.
Canon Printer Support Number