Saturday, April 28, 2007

iTunes + Upcoming.org = iConcertCal

I mentioned a new iTunes visualization plug-in to Neal today at the Reston NFJS show. He got very excited so I thought I would post a link for other folks as well.

There is a visualization plugin called iConcertCal that looks to your iTunes music library for artists that you like and then searches upcoming.org for events with those artists. It goes a couple of months out and does a great job. I've found all kinds of shows that I wouldn't have otherwise known about.

For peripathetics like Neal (that's a pretty good nealogism[sic] for Mr. Ford), this would be a fantastic way to survey shows in the area of wherever you find yourself. It didn't get my address *QUITE* right, but once I fixed it, it has kept up.

It apparently works for the Windows version of iTunes as well.

http://www.iconcertcal.com

No comments: